R290 gas in RefrigerationJune 30, 2018
First CO2 Refrigeration Project in the Mena RegionOctober 2, 2018
Inverter technology in commercial refrigeration is used to control the speed of a compressor and dictate output by regulating voltage, current & frequency. Basically when the frequency of the compressor is high, then the output is also high and vice-versa when the frequency is low, the output is also low, this allows for a very efficient system, where the compressor output is generated according to the weather conditions.
Benefits of a DC inverter:
- Faster responses to changes in the weather conditions.
- Significant reduction in the operating costs (40-60 less).
- Temperature set-points are achieved at a faster rate.
- Improved maintenance of design conditions with less temperature fluctuation.
- Lower noise levels in the area surrounding the unit.
- Eliminates voltage peaks from compressor, therefore reducing its strain & improves its life.